The following things happened this game:
- The Pirates pitching kept them in the game
- J-Mac left the game in the 6th with the bases loaded and one out
- The Buccos didn’t hit a home run
- Garrett Jones struck out twice
- K-Dro Alvarez struck out as well
So, just going by those bullets, this was a typical Pirate game. It truly was, except for the following items:
- James McDonald struck out nine batters in just 5 1/3 innings.
- Pedro played and drew a walk!
Now, joking aside, it looks as if Pedro actually has lost weight, and even Jen Langosch pointed the same thing out, but she had the pleasure (other than tonight) of being at the game. It’s also good to know that it storms in places other than Pittsburgh.
Sadly, the Buccos couldn’t get the shutout today as Dan McCutchen (McCutcheon?) gave up the Braves’ only run in the 7th inning, and, in fitting form, it was a homer by Chipper Jones who just came off the DL.
Luckily, however, the Pirates won against the Braves on national TV, although we didn’t need any more national attention. I’m sick of the bandwagoners already.
Game 2 comes tomorrow.